Help is right here, right now, in our community for mental health and addiction needs. There are resources for everyone from moms and dads, to seniors, to youth. Resources for people who just want to learn about making mental health a priority to those who need immediate care.
If you or a loved one need help, remember that your family physician, community health nurse or guidance counselor is a great place to start.
You can also contact a registered nurse immediately at the Newfoundland and Labrador HealthLine by calling 1-888-709-2929.
If your situation is of an urgent nature, the Mental Health Crisis Line is always available, 24 hours a day, and is staffed with people who care. Just call: Local: (709) 737-4668 Toll-Free: 1-888-737-4668
Addiction services are available through your local regional health authority—Eastern Health, Central Health, Western Health and Labrador-Grenfell Health. Connect with your local regional health authority by clicking here www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/findhealthservices/in_your_community.html#contact
Gambling impacts families in communities all over the province and regardless of where you live, you can find confidential help through the 1-800 number 24 hours a day: call 1-888-889-4357 (HELP)
Just want information? Not yet ready to talk? Addictions Services Provincial Library has information on gambling, addictions and treatment for professionals, those in treatment and the general public.
Tel: (709) 752-4120
Have questions? Just want to learn more as you help someone get help? These trusted resources are hubs for a range of mental illness and addictions resources.
Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health www.camimh.ca
- The Royal www.theroyal.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association www.cmha.ca
- Mood Disorders Society of Canada www.mooddisorderscanada.ca
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada www.anxietycanada.ca
Information and Resources for Youth:
- Bridge the gApp www.bridgethegapp.ca
- Dr. Stanley Kutcher teenmentalhealth.org/about-us/dr.-stanley-kutcher-md-frcpc
- The Jack Project thejackproject.org
- Do It For Daron www.difd.com
Aboriginal Mental Health and Addiction Resources
- Network for Aboriginal Mental Health Research www.namhr.ca
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis issues from the Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health www.ccsmh.ca
Women’s Mental Health and Postpartum Care:
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society www.postpartum.org
- Women’s Mental Health Program at The Royal www.theroyal.ca/mental-health-centre/mental-health-programs/areas-of-care/womens-mental-health
Men’s Mental Health:
- Men’s Mental Health from Movember ca.movember.com/mens-health/mental-health